Monday, July 25, 2005

A Tale of Two Roommates.


One of us met this guy this weekend. Hint: it wasn't me.

Here's what I did this weekend: drove 165 miles on Saturday to get my computer serviced and have lunch at the nearest Sonic (America's Drive-In), went to Mike & Alex's house for pizza and beer, went to Dalva and Madrones for more beer and white people dancing.

Here's what my roommate did: Flew 1800 miles to Chicago, where he hung out with MLB Productions as they shot a TV short at U.S. Cellular Field. He met David Ortiz and Johnny Damon, and watched while Tim Wakefield taught USA softball star/universally-recognized hottie Jennie Finch how to throw a knuckleball.

"Jennie was clutch for us," reported Ray. "Tim had got shelled the night before, so he was pretty down, but when she asked him to help her with the knuckler, he perked right up. Cool guy, Wakefield."

Cool guy, indeed. Me, I'm one jealous S.O.B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home